Oral piercing is growing trend, which include piercing the lip, tongue, and other oral tissue in the mouth.
What are the risk factor associated with oral piercing?
- Airway obstruction from swallowing the jewelry.
- Chipped teeth.
- Speech impediment.
- Swelling and bleeding.
- Blood poisoning.
- Nerve damage.
- keloid scaring.
- Promote the spread of Hepatitis B,C, Aids, and STDs.
What are the measures that you should take before oral piercing?
- Have the piercing done by a professional.
- Make sure the instruments used are sterilized.
- Choose the right design, size, and material of jewelry.
- Practice good oral hygiene around the pierced area.
- Ear piercing gun are never appropriate for oral piercing.